Listen to our new April arts cast to enjoy our arts programme virtually...
Book tickets for our upcoming online screenings & find our more:
Tuesday 26th May 7pm
(via vimeo link) £7/ £4 u25
In line with current Government advice, CatStrand and The Smiddy are both now CLOSED until further notice.
All GCAT events, classes and activities at CatStrand, The Smiddy and our partner community venues are cancelled until 31st May at least.
If you need to contact us, please phone 01644 420374 or email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Communities in the Glenkens are at the heart of everything we do as Glenkens Community & Arts Trust. Adhering to Government advice is the best option to keep our staff, volunteers and the most vulnerable safe whilst ensuring we can resume our role in the community when the situation allows.
As many of you will have booked tickets for upcoming events we hope that you would consider holding your ticket should rescheduling be possible or to consider your ticket as a much needed donation at this very challenging time for the organisation and the arts sector. We rely heavily on income from our events to sustain our arts programming and the impact of cancelling an entire season could be devastating to our continued work across all our projects.
Wishing everyone in our communities, our valued audiences, friends, staff and volunteers good health and best wishes as we work through this uncertain time together.
Please see the project headings below for specific information on events or project streams you may be involved in.
GCAT Arts Programme
Connecting in Communities
CatStrand & Smiddy Buildings
All events in the Spring brochure up until 31st May 2020 are postponed/cancelled as of today.
- This includes events delivered by our community partner venues in Crossmichael and Dalry.
- Ken Words writers cafes are cancelled across all venues. Jane and the team are looking at imaginative ways of fulfilling their aim to encourage and support people interested in writing during this time.
- Our team will be in touch about rescheduled dates for events that can be moved to later in the year.
- In the event that we cannot rearrange your ticket we would appreciate your support if you feel able to consider this a donation to GCAT as we head into a challenging time financially. If you are unable to do so a refund will be available.
If you would like more information on the arts programme impact please get in touch with Aidan on 01644 420 374 or
All regular groups and activities currently advertised will be cancelled until the 31st May 2020.
- This includes closure of the Mens Shed and any activities taking place in The Smiddy, Balmaclellan
- Brian and Chris will be thinking creatively over the coming weeks as to how we can support groups to stay connected or engaged in activities in a virtual way- so will be in touch with how you can get involved.
- If you have questions about any of the CIC activities please feel free to give Brian or Chris a call on 01644 420 374 or / email@example.com.
CatStrand and The Smiddy are now closed to the public until further notice to comply with Government guidelines for control of the Covid-19 outbreak..
If you have any questions about CatStrand and The Smiddy's closure please feel free to get in touch with Brian Edgar on 01644 420 374 or email
Youth Arts Programme
All regular groups are currently cancelled until 31st May 2020.
- We will plan to hold youth volunteer meetings via facetime or zoom as well as any other groups that can keep working virtually.
-Katy and Aidan will be thinking of ideas to continue social activity online in conversation with our young people, if you have any ideas do get in touch!
- If you have questions about any of the youth arts activities please feel free to give Katy or Aidan a call on 01644 420 374 or firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com.
- Young Scot have issued the following advice for young people about the virus that may be useful: https://young.scot/campaigns/national/coronavirus
Our Bright Stars Nursery service has now closed following Government guidance for schools.
- Should there be a change in this advice we will follow it and keep you informed.
- If you have questions about the Bright Stars service please feel free to email Lisa on